Bare!

This post started as a caption for a photo on Instagram.

As a member of the overthinking club, I was about to sit on this for a while but decided to post whatever I wrote. 

I sometimes fall into the rat hole of perfectionism, especially in my non-professional life. I think, talk, and dream of the idea but because my work in progress is not “perfectly perfect”, I may delay executing it. I have come to realize that in life, some people are starters, some are builders, some are scalers, and some are closers. Some people have a healthy mix of everything, and it is ok if you are not one of them. Acknowledge it, identify where you fall, and surround yourself with people who can help you execute the idea. 

When I started my blog, I used to write whatever came to mind, but as I grew, I wanted something that would inspire me and others reading it.

Many people may not know that I had a short-lived photography blog, but I closed it down because I was not sure my work was “ready” to be seen, forgetting that I was doing it for the love of art. I love taking pictures (I wrote about it here, The-amateur photographer)

Reflecting, I realized that a past conversation may have influenced my diminished interest in putting content out. In my early days of blogging, I was advised by a close friend to think about monetizing my blog. I remember telling her this was just a hobby, and I was not interested in monetizing it. But as time went on, I started questioning whether whatever I wrote was as good as the monetized blog, and I had a similar question about my photography.

While I don’t have a closing paragraph for this post, I have decided to keep enjoying my hobby and share them once in a while, even if they are not perfect.

PS: I took this photograph in 2013, one of my first “up-in-the-air” photos.

Comments

  1. Earlier, I used to be so keen on what people say about my work. I literally lived for public validation and that made me never do things I loved doing. But once I started living and doing my things my way, people started aligning and adjusting to my things.

    In this life, it's best to live and let others live, just like you've rightly said not everyone can be builders, starters and/or scalers but everyone can be themselves.


    I love this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always seeking validation from people can be dangerous. I am glad you found out what works best for you. Thank you for reading and sharing your insights.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BILQEES

This journey!

A bold step?