Mo ranti wọn
I still remember them!
Every now and then, I hear that someone I know has died. Someone I grew up with. Someone who was there during my growing up years.
I recently took account of everyone who was there during those years in the neighborhood I grew up in. I went house by house in my mind and realized many have gone. Only 1 or 2 were people I considered very old, and there were a couple of people I considered too young.
As a believer, I know my death date is written. It may be near, it may be far.
I occasionally tell myself I need to tidy up my affairs. Then tomorrow comes, and I forget I even had that conversation with myself.
So, while you can, take care of your loved ones, especially those you are responsible for. Draw up a will; don’t leave it to chance or relatives. Do something charitable that will outlive you.
Slow down.
Love.
Prepare.
Life is fleeting.
I remember them. For most of them, it never crossed my mind that death was near.
Mo ranti wọn.
I’ve been tempted to have some conversations, but I don’t even know if they are worth it.
Till next time, remember it is not like we are getting out of here alive.
I do hope there’s a next time.
Mo ranti wọn is Yoruba for “I remember them.”
She writes again..
ReplyDeleteThey have blessed us with a piece o 😆
Thanks for bringing this to life..Timely reminder! The deaths this year have made me start thinking if each text/call etc will be my last? We gotta keep going but purposefully..Ki olohun shanu wa!
I kuku dey write o, I no just dey share. My sister! That’s me every time we drop family at the airport. But you are right, we gotta keep going purposefully. May Allaah ease our affairs.
DeleteHmmm!!! This is a Big Reminder of Life👍,
ReplyDeleteThat is the reason I try to check up on my Loved Ones when I can.
Thank you so much Bilqees for your Beautiful Write ups as it is always Insightful🙌💎.
Please we will Love to read more from you🙏🏽
Thank you mama, always! Yep, Abewo is very important. We also have to learn grace because there are people we expect to check up on us who may not have the mental capacity to do so. Sha do the one wey you fit do!
DeleteI’ll try to post publicly more, but I cannot promise o 🙈
Please we are waiting for your posts ooooo💃, Take your time though because whenever you post it's always a Banger🙌🙌.
DeleteAm On bended Knees, I know you have loads of Beautiful Posts in your Archive 😁 Edakun Kindly help us drop it small small🧎🏽♀️🧎🏽♀️🙌🙌🙏🙏