About Q!

There is something about Q; it seems fine when your name begins with it 😊.

But when it is not the first alphabet of your name, you have to expect that some people will misspell it. This post is an addendum to BILQEES (a blog post named after me on my blog).

Some years ago, when I began my career, I noticed a couple of people would switch the “q” in my name with “g”. Whenever I reply to such a person, I would sign BilQees hoping that the person would pick up the hint. Most times, they did.  

As long as I can remember, I always write my name in block letters on official forms as this was the usual instruction in Nigeria. Recently, I decided to write my name in sentence case. I am happy to inform you that after so many years, someone wrote my name with a “g”. 

The mix-up is understandable because q and g when written in lowercase sometimes look alike. 

Till next time, consider writing your name in block letters (capital letters) if your name contains letters that are commonly misspelled or confused with other letters.


This post was reviewed by ChatGPT. 


Comments

  1. Interestingly, I’ll normally fill forms with block letters. Especially when I need to state my full name 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. It saves you the stress of someone misspelling your name.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BILQEES

This journey!

A bold step?