No backup...

 
photo credit : crackberry.com

Congratulation Asake-Okin, your blackberry just crashed. The phone loaded half way but did not come up. I was scared of losing my information- not my contacts, not my documents, not my pictures but my note pad. My note pad is my comfort zone for writing my post. Apart from Life is beautiful which I wrote at the back of a course note while in University, the remaining posts on my blog were written in my BB notepad. I see, I get inspired and I start typing.  I lost about over 6 new posts (titles I can remember - Life beautiful 2; Marriage; two jobs; Tested ok; going cashless with 5000; their butterflies in my belly; definitely(maybe 2)and the parent). Maybe

Why didn’t I back up?

Good question....
The first time I lost information was 22nd of December 2011; I wanted to repair my memory card and mistakenly clicked the format option. I had backed up before then however I was not with my laptop so I had to start afresh.  The second time, my memory card just stopped working but this time around, I had no back up.  The two information lost incident never affected my note pad so it was cool.

My phone was out of battery on 17th of December 2012, I had planned to sleep over at my brother’s place and my charger was at his place however before the close of work, I got a call that informed my decision to go home. On getting to work the next day, I charged my phone; it loaded half way but did not come up. Yepa !!! My post o!!! After several days of trying, reading post on “blackberry battery charged but won’t turn on” and experimenting, I called up my Bestie who had a similar incident earlier in the year.  She told me the way forward was format the phone. With Blackberry desktop, I formatted my bb, I was hoping that a miracle would happen and my note pad would not be affected...  On the formatted phone, I do not have a note pad and any Microsoft application...  
Wait oh... can I reinstall my note pad??... *finger crossed*... When my very reliable network starts working, I will see...


leaked pic of BB 10... photo credit : gigaom.com
 But that BB don old o.. It’s older than my BSc certificate *cover face*... Thanks to LJ, one of things on my wish list for 2013 is BB 10...*big smile*** don’t worry; I will avoid Oworo Shoki...

This is the first post I typed directly on a system

Comments

  1. Hilarious !! I can't find my notepad too, ur not Alone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This journey!

BILQEES

The Weight They Carry